Add WP Publication Repository plugin
|Assignee:||Boone Gorges||% Done:|
QUESTIONS FOR THE PERSON REQUESTING THE PLUGIN/THEME [generally this means Matt or a community facilitator]
- What's the name of the plugin/theme?
WordPress Publication Repository - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-publication-repository/
- [plugins] In a few words, what does it do?
It allows to manage a publication repository and exposes metadata in order to be indexed by Google Scholar
- How is the plugin/theme different from what's already provided on the Commons?
We don't appear to have a plugin that does the above.
- What's the potential impact? Who will use it?
This will typically be of interest to people/organizations using the Commons for publications.
- Who initially made the request? [sometimes Matt is passing along requests from members, sometimes suggesting something he found himself]
JITP, with the caveat that it looks out of date and has mixed reviews. But they are interested in the functionality and request a review.
- Who is the plugin author?
- Say a little bit about the release history and popularity of the plugin. How many times has it been downloaded? When was it last updated?
Last Updated: 2010-10-3
1 3 star rating.
Again, the metrics suggest reasons to question the efficacy of this plugin. If you could review it, JITP would appreciate it.
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
The plugin looks harmless enough: it registers a Publication post type, along with a number of Dublin Core-esque taxonomies for that post type, and then (aside from the normal post type functionality) it injects DC metadata into the document header when the page is rendered.
I think that the mixed feedback stems from a misunderstanding of what the plugin is meant to do. It doesn't really do anything with existing content; it's only for the new "Publication" content type that the plugin is relevant.
Added to the Commons at https://github.com/castiron/cac/commit/f4069d3712587cef404a25c35ec50d6913acd7d4