Here are a set of priority definitions for use on the Academic Commons:
- Site down completely
- Personal information is being displayed, etc.
- So severe it cannot wait for the next release
- Performance degraded for all users
- Regressions / errors
- Affecting / visible to a wide scope of users
- Kind of person affected: if an issue affects a person who is important to please
- Issues not likely to get work in the short term for various reasons
Open issues for discussion
- Use of priority: a triage tool
- How does priority change (if at all) once assigned to a milestone
- use numerical priority to avoid semantic misinterpretations/hurt feelings when changing priority?