Project

General

Profile

Bug #10292

Problems with Link Libraries

Added by Raffi Khatchadourian 10 months ago. Updated 9 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category name:
-
Target version:
Start date:
2018-09-06
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

I'm unsure if the link library plugin has been updated lately, but today I found that all of my links were uncategorized and duplicated three times over. I haven't touched them in quite some time so I was surprised to see this. I removed all of them and reimported to fix it, so just FYI.

History

#1 Updated by Raffi Khatchadourian 10 months ago

Actually, reimporting them duplicates them and uncategorized some of the duplicates. So, it is a bug!

#2 Updated by Boone Gorges 10 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback

Hi Raffi - Could you look through the issues being reported to the author at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/link-library to see if one of them matches what you're reporting here? Some of them sound similar, but I don't know enough about the plugin (read: I don't know anything about it!) to be able to judge.

If you don't see the issue listed there, and can give me specific steps to reproduce, I can take a quick look. I might be able to see fairly quickly what the problem is, and report it to the plugin author.

(For context, the plugin was updated on the Commons on July 24, as part of an update from v5.9.15.7 to 6.0 Beta 9.)

#3 Updated by Raffi Khatchadourian 10 months ago

Boone Gorges wrote:

Hi Raffi - Could you look through the issues being reported to the author at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/link-library to see if one of them matches what you're reporting here? Some of them sound similar, but I don't know enough about the plugin (read: I don't know anything about it!) to be able to judge.

If you don't see the issue listed there, and can give me specific steps to reproduce, I can take a quick look. I might be able to see fairly quickly what the problem is, and report it to the plugin author.

(For context, the plugin was updated on the Commons on July 24, as part of an update from v5.9.15.7 to 6.0 Beta 9.)

Sounds similar to https://wordpress.org/support/topic/after-update-all-links-are-gone/. I noticed that I can see "Links" as well as the "Link Manager." Perhaps that has something to do with the duplication?

#6 Updated by Boone Gorges 10 months ago

Thanks for posting that, Raffi. I read through a couple of those threads (which, as an aside, are a small but good illustration of what it's like to be a free software maintainer) and it looks like there are definitely some issues with the 6.0 upgrade routine. Hopefully the plugin author is able to work through the issues with you in the thread you started. Please ping me here if there's something I can do to help (aside from updating the Link Library plugin after its next release).

#7 Updated by Raffi Khatchadourian 9 months ago

Boone Gorges wrote:

Thanks for posting that, Raffi. I read through a couple of those threads (which, as an aside, are a small but good illustration of what it's like to be a free software maintainer) and it looks like there are definitely some issues with the 6.0 upgrade routine. Hopefully the plugin author is able to work through the issues with you in the thread you started. Please ping me here if there's something I can do to help (aside from updating the Link Library plugin after its next release).

Thanks, Boone. I am having trouble removing the links from the trash (request URL is too long, apparently). Could we have the plug-in the author suggested? https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulk-delete/

#8 Updated by Boone Gorges 9 months ago

  • Target version set to 1.13.9

OK, we'll put that plugin in the next release.

#9 Updated by Boone Gorges 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.13.9 to 1.13.10

bulk-delete installed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/446bfc8b10e5db5f6461d8ce15363e8ec0f9f774. It will be available after this morning's release.

Let's bump the ticket to the next milestone. Raffi, I see that you've had a back-and-forth with the plugin developer - let me know whether/when you think the issue is sufficiently resolved for us to close this ticket (or if there's something you need me to do to intervene).

#10 Updated by Raffi Khatchadourian 9 months ago

Boone Gorges wrote:

bulk-delete installed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/446bfc8b10e5db5f6461d8ce15363e8ec0f9f774. It will be available after this morning's release.

Thanks, Boone!

Let's bump the ticket to the next milestone. Raffi, I see that you've had a back-and-forth with the plugin developer - let me know whether/when you think the issue is sufficiently resolved for us to close this ticket (or if there's something you need me to do to intervene).

I just worked around it. It seems it only happens as a result of an initial import after the upgrade. It's not great because I probably didn't notice it for some time and it was a pain to resolve manually. No further action on this end needed. Thanks again!

#11 Updated by Boone Gorges 9 months ago

  • Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Resolved
  • Target version changed from 1.13.10 to 1.13.9

Thanks, Raffi!

Also available in: Atom PDF