2011 Theme Sidebar
I am working on the PSRG website (https://psrg.commons.gc.cuny.edu/), trying out different themes and when I go to the 2011 or 2017 theme I cannot get the right sidebar to show up for the life of me. I add widgets and they do not appear. Any idea why?
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges 10 months ago
- Category name set to WordPress Themes
- Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback
- Target version set to Not tracked
I'm unsure about Twenty Seventeen, but in the case of Twenty Eleven, there's a Customizer setting that controls full-width layout. Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Layout. Perhaps the "One-column, no sidebar" option has been selected?
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges 10 months ago
Looking more closely at https://psrg.commons.gc.cuny.edu/, it looks like the following is happening:
1. The site is configured so that the "front page" is pinned to "The Public Space Research Group" page. See https://psrg.commons.gc.cuny.edu/wp-admin/options-reading.php
2. That page uses Twenty Eleven's "Default Template" for pages, which doesn't show a sidebar. See https://psrg.commons.gc.cuny.edu/wp-admin/post.php?post=38&action=edit, the "Page Attributes" section at the right. You can select the 'Sidebar Template' to change this behavior.