Feature #10987: Site/group creation portal
Group creation mods for 1.15
Breaking this subtask off from #10987.
Group creation steps will be reduced to 1. Details, 2. Settings, 3. Photo. If entering from "Group + Site", you'll see 3. Group Site (with 4. Photo). See https://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/attachments/download/10655/GroupSite-creation-flow-proposal-rev2.pdf
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
Initial framework for this is here: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/816cfa44a6a47afbf0717de8744ffecfeadf7d1a
The `include_groupblog_step` logic still needs to be written. See #10987.
Depending on implementation, the confirmation page #11204 might involve reintroducing one of the eliminated steps.
#5 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Eliminate steps from group creation process to Group creation mods for 1.15
- Parent task set to #10987
- Change position of Photo step
- Implement metadata collection (done)
- Detect that we're coming from Group + Site click on the portal (via URL param) and use that info to toggle Add Site tab
- Rename groupblog tab to Add Site
- Add support for Site Template and License to Add Site panel
- Replace "role" matrix with yes/no toggle on Add Site panel
- Any other misc changes to Add Site panel as per designs/wireframes
See https://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/attachments/download/10803/GroupSite-creation-flow-wireframes-rev4.pdf beginning with page 2, and https://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/attachments/download/10806/GroupSite-flow%E2%80%93design-v2.pdf beginning with page 2
#7 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
Following up on today's dev call, I've made a change so that the metadata fields on the Add Site step of group creation are now pre-filled with the corresponding values for the group. https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/84ff5959b244f4c409f86f1e80f5ddd34c54deda