“Change Password Protected Message” plugin requests
User Kristen Cribbs asks via Zendesk - "I am writing to see if it would be possible for Commons to install the following free plugin? “Change Password Protected Message.” More info on the plugin here (https://wordpress.org/plugins/change-password-protected-message/) .
I need to password protect a page of our website (https://sphhrpp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/ideate-guidance/) which contains proprietary information, but there is not an option in Wordpress to alter the default title (i.e., the “Protected” preface) or message that one sees when they navigate to the page (“This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below”)."
She's answered all the questions we usually ask:
- What's the name of the plugin/theme? Change Password Protected Message
- In a few words, what does it do? Enables customization of title and message displayed on password protected WordPress posts/pages.
- How is the plugin/theme different from what's already provided on the Commons? WordPress core does not allow for customization of password protected posts/pages. As a result, when a user needs to password protect posts or pages, their title will automatically be “Protected: Page Title,” and the message will read “This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below.” This plugin allows the user to change the title and message to any text preferred.
- What's the potential impact? Who will use it? Commons users who have a need to password protect their pages and posts will be able to easily customize the associated titles and messages, enhancing website aesthetics and increasing usability/functionality for viewers.
- Who initially made the request Kristen Cribbs, Human Research Protection Program Director, CUNY SPH
- Who is the plugin author? Pipdig
- Say a little bit about the release history and popularity of the plugin. How many times has it been downloaded? When was it last updated?
- Current version 1.2.5
- Last update 4 months ago
- 25,000+ active installations to date
- Referenced as a valuable plugin on various blog websites to remedy a gap in standard WordPress core functionality.
- 5 star rating
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges over 2 years ago
Second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. https://dev.commons.gc.cuny.edu/release-schedule-and-procedures/
#4 Updated by Boone Gorges about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Installed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/cfa1dddf8162cec1d2d9ae38b09d67fa6cccc7cc. It will be available after today's deployment, in the next hour.