Cloning Media Library for JITP from Staging to Production Site
The JITP is once again ready for a clone of its media library for November and December 2019 from the jitpstaging.commons site to the jitp.commons production site.
Thanks so much in advance for your help on this!
All my best,
JITP Managing Editor
Updated by Boone Gorges almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Sync is complete. As before, please note that you won't see the items in the library, but the files are there to be referenced by URL. Can you confirm for me?
For my own future reference, here are the steps I generally take, in order to be cautious about overwriting things.
1. Rsync the blogs.dir staging and production dirs (2767 and 614, respectively) to jitp-staging and jitp-prod directories in my home dir
2. For a sanity check, run some
diff -r checks between the two, focusing on the current year (2019 in this case)
3. Working backward, rsync from jitp-staging to jitp-prod one month at a time, going back to where jitp-staging doesn't have any additional files
4. Rsync jitp-prod back to the blogs.dir/614/ dir.