request for Require Post Category plug-in
QUESTIONS FOR THE PERSON REQUESTING THE PLUGIN/THEME
- What's the name of the plugin/theme? Require Post Category
- [plugins] In a few words, what does it do? Requires all site users to select a category for each post they create; blocks publication until a category is selected.
- How is the plugin/theme different from what's already provided on the Commons? currently there aren't plugins that enforce the use of categories to keep site content organized. This plugin is helpful for teaching and managing content on Wordpress.
- What's the potential impact? Who will use it? Instructors and site administrators/authors will use the plugin to manage posts
- Who initially made the request? Jesse Rice-Evans, web documentation and development fellow with the CUNY Humanities Alliance. We're developing our new site on the Commons and this plugin will be instrumental in keeping our content organized.
- Who is the plugin author? Josh Hartman
- Say a little bit about the release history and popularity of the plugin. How many times has it been downloaded? When was it last updated? This plugin is widely used on the OpenLab at City Tech; last updated one month ago (plugin site link here (https://wordpress.org/plugins/require-post-category/) ) with 1000+ installations. There is help documentation and a support forum active on the plugin site.
Doctoral Candidate, English Composition and Rhetoric | CUNY Graduate Center
Web Development and Documentation Fellow | CUNY Humanities Alliance
Digital Pedagogy Fellow | OpenLab at City Tech
HASTAC Scholar 2019-2020
work: (646) 801-1462
#4 Updated by Boone Gorges over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Staged for Production Release
Added in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/5b67fc51a3f89c60a98e7a75379b9609929df114. It will be part of today's release.