Jon Nissenbaum wonders if we can create a shortcode for knowmia.com embeds? He is using Knowmia to create resources for his courses. Here is an iframe example:
<iframe scrolling='no' frameborder='0' style='width: 360px; height: 291px; border:0;' src='https://app.knowmia.com/connector/embed/index/7j7C' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback
Could Jon please share the URL where this embed code was found? I can create embed support, but the ideal flow is that Jon would be able to take the URL he sees in the browser location bar and paste it into the editor. In order to know whether this is possible (whether the unique video identifier is part of the URL) I need to know what the URL looks like.
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Staged for Production Release
- Target version set to 1.16.14
Thanks - I've implemented the embed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/a106c9a5d1c3bc831d855f5c9f6d24d937b2b677
Same as Loom, you just need to paste the URL on a single line in the editor. This will be available after tomorrow's release.
#5 Updated by scott voth almost 2 years ago
Jon Nissenbaum writes:
(1) The video frame size seems to be hardcoded to 360 x 291 pixels. I think that must be partly due to the embed code that I sent you. In contrast, the embed code for the Loom.com<http://Loom.com> was set to have a variable (relative) size (“ … width = 100%, height = 100% …”). Is it possible to change the Knowmia embedding to relative size as well?
(2) The embed works perfectly on Chrome and Firefox. But it doesn’t work on Safari (same with Safari on iOS). Instead of the video, what appears is a black rectangle (with the relevant height and width), with the message “This browser requires permission to establish a session. Continue<https://app.knowmia.com/connector/Home/CookieFix>” [link: https://app.knowmia.com/connector/Home/CookieFix]. I am pretty sure my Safari settings do not block cookies.
Any idea what’s going on? And do you think it is fixable on your end?