No good error reporting for already-used domain name when creating a site in Firefox
Matt asked me to report this:
Today 12:47 pm
Hi -I'm trying to create a new site to demo with the Open Pedagogy Fellows today, but it keeps bouncing me back to "create a site," after I click the submit button. Is there a bug, or something with my computer...thank you! - Elvis
Today 12:53 pm
Thank you so much for your quick response.
I opened in Safari instead of Firefox, and got it to work. Basically the error message "this site title is already taken" was not appearing in Firefox, it just bounced me back up to the top of the page when I clicked "create a site."
In Safari, the message was visible so I corrected and could continue.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges 4 months ago
- Subject changed from browser bug? to No good error reporting for already-used domain name when creating a site in Firefox
- Category name set to Blogs (BuddyPress)
- Status changed from New to Staged for Production Release
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
- Target version set to 1.19.2
In https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/3e33f0ba4589787306ceea1082bf12f1a9cfe0df I've ensured that, in cases where JS validation doesn't work for some reason, that the errors are shown properly on page refresh, in a similar style (red italic text).