BWP Google XML Sitemaps
Boone, it appears that I am encountering an analogous issue.
Plugins=>BWP Google XML Sitemaps=>Settings
But when I try to Submit my sitemap, via Google Webmaster Tools=>Add Site, google prompts me to:
1. Download this HTML verification file. [googlef9d419c134fbb58b.html]
2. Upload the file to http://gnosisdrifter.commons.gc.cuny.edu/
3. Confirm successful upload by visiting http://gnosisdrifter.commons.gc.cuny.edu/googlef9d419c134fbb58b.html in your browser.
4. Click Verify below.
To stay verified, don't remove the HTML file, even after verification succeeds.
There is no way to upload the file to the commons or put the code in [googlef9d419c134fbb58b.html] in the plugin.
Reference ticket #s:
2862 (Unable to verify SEO/Google Webmaster Tools)
2863 (If possible, please install Google Sitemaps plugin)
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback
- Target version set to Not tracked
Stephen - On the site where you are running the BWP plugin, are you also running the SEO plugin discussed in #2862? If so, have you gone through the steps in http://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/2862#note-5 on the site? If so, then Google should already be able to verify your site, using the alternative
<meta> tag method. If you aren't yet running the SEO plugin, please activate it and set it up as per those directions - hopefully that will solve the problem. Let me know.