Delete obsolete themes
The attached Excel file is a list of themes Kelly identified as being removable from the Commons. The original file that Kelly created has more info. The link is here:
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago
- Category name set to WordPress Themes
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
- Target version set to Not tracked
To clarify: We will not be deleting these themes outright, but disabling them for new sites.
It would be worthwhile to go through at some point and delete themes that are completely unused, but it's probably a separate project.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
The recommendations made by Kelly largely corroborate the results of the study done by Laura Kane a couple years ago, which is a good thing. I've disabled the themes recommended by Kelly.
I also cross-referenced the decommissioned themes with updated usage statistics, and found a few that are not in use on any sites at all. I've removed them from the repo:
- prologue: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/d3c91d4d1da6b3938ec9647be3b5d3c85e0b6610
- letoprime-091: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/9affec519c6f367911bbc417b803009ff56e4327
- notesil: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/1fd5bb62108747ffe51498a8391343c51cead4de
- Contempt: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/a898b2b7e9dbdd3e1a73a9fd410e0a78842cae99