Update Event Organiser to latest version
Event Organiser is blacklisted from our normal plugin updates, which has left us on the 2.x series, while EO is on 3.x. Let's upgrade it for a minor release. This'll involve quick checks to make sure that custom BP functionality built on EO is still working.
Tahir, could you work on this? It'll give you a chance to get a feel for our BP Event Organiser plugin. On the live site or your local (before updating), check out the following:
- Group-related events should list on calendars on group Events tabs
- Public events should be listed on commons.gc.cuny.edu/events
- You should be able to create an event with the various fields (description, venue, room number, etc) and connect to more than one group
- Creating an event should create corresponding activity items in the group activity stream (if linked to a group) and the sitewide stream commons.gc.cuny.edu/activity (if public)
Run through this functionality on the existing setup. Then, on your local version of the Commons, update EO to the latest available version, and make sure that these things are working as expected (and no radical visual changes have taken place). If there are issues, feel free to list them here before diving into them, and maybe Ray or I can point you to the part of the codebase where the issues should be addressed (EO and BPEO makes for kind of a complicated jumble).
#18 Updated by Boone Gorges about 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Tahir Butt to Boone Gorges
- Target version changed from 1.10.18 to 1.11.1
I'll take care of this myself. Slating for 1.11.1, which takes place on the 21st of this month and thus is our next "major plugin update" release. This way, I can include warning of the update in my post on the 5th, and it won't get in the way of 1.11 work.
#19 Updated by Boone Gorges about 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Functionality is looking good to me in local tests.