A few oddities related to a cross-posted forum post
Today I posted something to one of my groups and set it up to post to a bunch of other groups, as well.
I've noticed a few strange things about the post:
1. In "My Commons," the feed appears to use the body of the post instead of its title
2. On all of the forums on which it was posted, there is no title displayed on the forum post itself
3. The forum title does appear as expected in the list of forum topics
I believe (but I'm not certain) that I posted using the web interface on this forum -- https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups/mals-digital-humanities-track/forum/topic/job-research-computing-instruction-lead-columbia-5/
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 3 years ago
- File Screenshot_2018-08-16_17-21-44.png Screenshot_2018-08-16_17-21-44.png added
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- Target version set to 1.13.8
The issue with post content - rather than post title - being used to construct the strings you see in the activity stream, was fixed in bp-multiple-forum-post a few months ago but never merged to the Commons. https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/bp-multiple-forum-post/commit/4608641b88b47a81389137ed38d5813407aff109 I've backported to the Commons in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/11464f198420b1bec0d2ebba2e3ca387c5c4ff0a
Your observation in 2 isn't quite right - forum thread titles don't appear in the interface for any topics, regardless of whether they were involved in crossposting. This dates to https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/063d77d03f3e96ecaa13f8176bc00bbc5f316e05, which was part of #3177. It appears that the logic here was that the /forum/ page for a group does indeed have a duplicate header, but it didn't take into consideration the title on single topic pages. I've made some modifications to fix this. See screenshot.