Project

General

Profile

Bug #11145

Link Broken On RBE via MAC Mail Client

Added by Luke Waltzer over 1 year ago. Updated 8 days ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
Reply By Email
Target version:
Start date:
2019-02-22
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

On this post -- https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups/cac-community-team-project-planning/forum/topic/fall-2018-spring-2019-meeting-schedule/#post-74284 -- sent via Mac Mail client the linked phrase "this one" was broken when email was posted to the forum.

History

#1 Updated by Raymond Hoh over 1 year ago

  • Category name set to Reply By Email
  • Assignee set to Raymond Hoh

Thanks Luke.

RBE uses the plain-text version of the email when parsing the email for the reply.

I just took a look at the plain-text version of your reply and this is what is shown:

I was in this one <https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/?p=3D70164> but just got =
booted.=20

The forum post shows this:

I was in this one <https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/?p=70164&gt; but just got booted.

I'll try and take a closer look at the parsing later on, but I'm guessing the triangular brackets or the plain-text line wrap might be the issue. It could be a forum formatting issue as well.

Related: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40294

#2 Updated by Boone Gorges over 1 year ago

  • Target version set to 1.14.8

#3 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 1.14.8 to 1.14.9

#4 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 1.14.9 to 1.14.10

#5 Updated by Raymond Hoh about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 1.14.10 to 1.14.11

#6 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 1.14.11 to 1.15.1

#7 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.1 to 1.15.2

#8 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.2 to 1.15.3

#9 Updated by Boone Gorges 12 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.3 to 1.15.4

#10 Updated by Boone Gorges 11 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.4 to 1.15.5

#11 Updated by Raymond Hoh 11 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.5 to 1.15.6

#12 Updated by Boone Gorges 11 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.6 to 1.15.7

#13 Updated by Boone Gorges 10 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.7 to 1.15.8

#14 Updated by Boone Gorges 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.8 to 1.15.9

#15 Updated by Boone Gorges 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.9 to 1.15.10

#16 Updated by Boone Gorges 8 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.10 to 1.15.11

#17 Updated by Boone Gorges 8 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.11 to 1.15.12

#18 Updated by Boone Gorges 7 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.12 to 1.15.13

#19 Updated by Boone Gorges 7 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.13 to 1.15.14

#20 Updated by Boone Gorges 6 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.15.14 to 1.16.1

#21 Updated by Boone Gorges 6 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.1 to 1.16.2

#22 Updated by Boone Gorges 5 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.2 to 1.16.3

#23 Updated by Boone Gorges 5 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.3 to 1.16.4

#24 Updated by Boone Gorges 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.4 to 1.16.5

#25 Updated by Boone Gorges 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.5 to 1.16.6

#26 Updated by Boone Gorges 3 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.6 to 1.16.7

#27 Updated by Boone Gorges 3 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.7 to 1.16.8

#28 Updated by Boone Gorges 2 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.8 to 1.16.9

#29 Updated by Boone Gorges about 2 months ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.9 to 1.16.10

#30 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 month ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.10 to 1.16.11

#31 Updated by Boone Gorges 22 days ago

  • Target version changed from 1.16.11 to 1.16.12

#32 Updated by Raymond Hoh 20 days ago

  • Status changed from New to Staged for Production Release

Fixed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/9d0764b0fdd9229ddc76a05f70c082cebd4d5849

The issue is when replying by email and adding a link with anchor text, the anchor-linked text is converted to plain-text format:

My link <https://commons.gc.cuny.edu>

When saved into the database, the triangular brackets get converted into HTML entities:

My link &lt;https://commons.gc.cuny.edu&gt;

And on the frontend, bbPress and BuddyPress will render the link as:

My link <https://commons.gc.cuny.edu&gt;

To fix this, I wrote a display filter to convert the triangular bracket HTML entities to circular brackets:

My link (https://commons.gc.cuny.edu)

#33 Updated by Boone Gorges 8 days ago

  • Status changed from Staged for Production Release to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF