Activity replies in groups
In one of my groups, people are replying to activity items. Per a previous ticket (http://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/576), I thought we had disabled that because it was confusing, and that the reply button would/should lead people to group fora. Am I wrong about that?
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
In the linked ticket, I did not disable activity replies altogether. https://github.com/castiron/cac/commit/8d127a5d2916873da280caeb3fa68e650caa3a10 (the changeset that closed that ticket), redirected the Reply link on Forum items (forum posts and forum topics) so that they went to the forum reply area. It did not affect other activity types.
In http://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/show/387 and https://github.com/castiron/cac/commit/65bb42481df770d518d7f09898484b0d625fd94e, I disabled the Reply button on the following content types: new blog posts, new blog comments, and activity updates (group announcements).
Thus, there are still a number of activity types where the Reply button continues to appear:
- External blog posts
- Doc actions (updates, comments, new docs)
A few questions for you:
1) Does the above accurately describe what you're seeing? That is, are you seeing Reply buttons in some of the cases where I say you shouldn't be? If so, please provide specific links.
2) Do you want additional changes to the reply links? Do you want them removed altogether for certain content types? Or redirected, eg in the case of Docs?
Once I have a sense of where you stand on these issues, I can give a realistic time and milestone estimate.
#3 Updated by Matt Gold almost 10 years ago
1) Yes, that's what I'm seeing.
2) Yes, it would be great if the the "reply" button on the homepage led to the associated space. So, for instance, if someone comments on a doc and then that comment shows up in the group activity stream, it would be great if hitting reply led someone to the comment section on the doc.
#7 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved