Add WP Publication Repository plugin
QUESTIONS FOR THE PERSON REQUESTING THE PLUGIN/THEME [generally this means Matt or a community facilitator]
- What's the name of the plugin/theme?
WordPress Publication Repository - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-publication-repository/
- [plugins] In a few words, what does it do?
It allows to manage a publication repository and exposes metadata in order to be indexed by Google Scholar
- How is the plugin/theme different from what's already provided on the Commons?
We don't appear to have a plugin that does the above.
- What's the potential impact? Who will use it?
This will typically be of interest to people/organizations using the Commons for publications.
- Who initially made the request? [sometimes Matt is passing along requests from members, sometimes suggesting something he found himself]
JITP, with the caveat that it looks out of date and has mixed reviews. But they are interested in the functionality and request a review.
- Who is the plugin author?
- Say a little bit about the release history and popularity of the plugin. How many times has it been downloaded? When was it last updated?
Last Updated: 2010-10-3
1 3 star rating.
Again, the metrics suggest reasons to question the efficacy of this plugin. If you could review it, JITP would appreciate it.
Updated by Boone Gorges over 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
The plugin looks harmless enough: it registers a Publication post type, along with a number of Dublin Core-esque taxonomies for that post type, and then (aside from the normal post type functionality) it injects DC metadata into the document header when the page is rendered.
I think that the mixed feedback stems from a misunderstanding of what the plugin is meant to do. It doesn't really do anything with existing content; it's only for the new "Publication" content type that the plugin is relevant.
Added to the Commons at https://github.com/castiron/cac/commit/f4069d3712587cef404a25c35ec50d6913acd7d4