Request: Custom invitation message to group invites
This is a request for the ability to add a custom invitation message to group invites.
- Added control for end-user (inviting members to group) would increase usability of groups, especially their initial deployment
- Customization would also differentiate between email notifications typically sent to end-users of the Commons
- Powerful tool for teachers wanting to invite students to a group for a class project -- would make group experience much clearer
#1 Updated by Matt Gold about 8 years ago
- Category name set to BuddyPress (misc)
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
Thanks, Erika. Regarding the teaching example, I want to make sure you know that undergrads are not allowed to create accounts on the Commons and that undergrad classes can't run on the Commons. What you're describing could be useful for grad classes, obviously, but I just want to be sure you know about this policy.
Boone -- my recollection is that Invite Anyone (inviting non-Commons members) to both the site and the group does allow for custom invites, but that one doesn't have the ability to customize an invitation to a current Commons member.