Install Contact Contact API plugin
QUESTIONS FOR THE PERSON REQUESTING THE PLUGIN/THEME
- What's the name of the plugin/theme?: Constant Contact (CC) API
- [plugins] In a few words, what does it do? It allows us to integrate our CC subscription into a page so that folks can join an email list by entering info on a page or post and not just in the widget sidebar.
- How is the plugin/theme different from what's already provided on the Commons? The regular CC plugin allows for widget integration only.
- What's the potential impact? Who will use it? JustPublics@365 & anyone else using CC.
- Who initially made the request? Jen Jack Gieseking & Matt Gold
- Who is the plugin author? Zach Katz, and others (http://wordpress.org/plugins/constant-contact-api)
- Say a little bit about the release history and popularity of the plugin. How many times has it been downloaded? When was it last updated? It was last revised a few weeks ago and I see a lot of activity on the page.
QUESTIONS FOR THE REVIEWING DEVELOPER
- Maintenance: Given the data above, how likely is it that the plugin is going to be abandoned by the developer? I'm guessing not so much until CC is considered old hat which isn't happening for some time.
- Security: Scan for XSS and DB vulnerabilities --- no idea how to do this
- Redundancy: If this plugin/theme does something that plugins/themes on the site already do, is there enough reason to put it on anyway? Maybe we should migrate users from the older plugin/theme to the new one? How hard would that be? There is no redundancy on this.
- Themes: What are the results of the Theme Check? Many of the 'required' warnings I don't care much about - they are wordpress.org nitpicks. But consistent calls to deprecated functions, for instance, could indicate something about the quality of the theme. --- no idea on this one.