Replicate site content for staging site
For the journal JITP, we would like to have our production site (http://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/) and our staging site (http://jitpstaging.commons.gc.cuny.edu/) mirrored exactly. Luke exported/imported from production to staging, but various settings/widgets now need to be done manually. Is there any way you can replicate those settings at the Db level for us to save Luke that effort?
Production - http://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/
Staging - http://jitpstaging.commons.gc.cuny.edu
Thanks in advance for your help. I've made Luke a watcher on this.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges about 5 years ago
Yes, I can do a one-time sync. (By "one-time" I mean that it'll be a bit labor-intensive, so it's not something I can easily run periodically.) To verify: I'll be creating a mirror of content (posts, comments, uploads) plus settings, wiping out any existing content on the staging site. Because they're stored differently, I will not be copying over user roles. If this all sounds OK, please let me know and I'll move forward.
#4 Updated by Boone Gorges about 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
Luke - This should be complete. Here's what I did:
- Exported production tables; did search-and-replace for URLs; overwrote staging tables
- Replaced staging uploads (blogs.dir/...) with copy of production files
I have backups of old staging DB and files in case something has gone wrong.
Can I ask you to take a look and make sure things are working as expected? In particular:
- whatever you were doing to protect the staging site (privacy setting? not sure) needs to be redone
- I noticed you're using subscribe2. Note that production subscriptions have been ported over. I'd recommend wiping these subscriptions on staging, or disabling subscribe2 altogether.