Update WP to 4.0.1
I just received the following automatic notification about CDev; maybe any vulnerabilities don't matter because the site is password protected?
Please update your site at http://cdev.gc.cuny.edu to WordPress 4.0.1.
Updating is easy and only takes a few moments:
If you experience any issues or need support, the volunteers in the WordPress.org support forums may be able to help.
Keeping your site updated is important for security. It also makes the internet a safer place for you and your readers.
The WordPress Team
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 7 years ago
- Subject changed from Update CDev WP version to Update WP to 4.0.1
- Category name changed from cdev.gc.cuny.edu to WordPress (misc)
- Priority name changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to 1.7.4
cdev is not a particular concern, but the Commons will get upgraded to 4.0.1 today. I will hijack this ticket for that purpose.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
I'll roll this out to cdev at some point when it makes sense, but as you note, cdev is behind a password and so is not vulnerable to the XSS vulnerabilities that 4.0.1 is primarily intended to protect against.