Project

General

Profile

Bug #455

Fix errors caused by More Privacy Options Disabling

Added by Matt Gold over 11 years ago. Updated over 11 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
High
Assignee:
Category name:
WordPress (misc)
Target version:
-
Start date:
2010-12-08
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Though we now have MPO enabled across all blogs, it looks like privacy settings that were previously enabled were not carried over. Is there anyway you can go to an older version of the database to copy over privacy settings for blogs? The one that I showed you as an example was still showing up as a public blog even after moving MPO to mu-plugins (I wrote to the member after discovering that and asked her to reconfigure her settings manually).

I'd argue that we need to make this highest possible priority. If you won't be able to work on it for a long time, should we reassign it to CIC or Ron?

History

#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 11 years ago

I won't be near a computer for a few hours.

I highly doubt that this is an issue of the privacy levels in the db being changed. If someone wants to have a look in the meantime feel free.

#2 Updated by Matt Gold over 11 years ago

Hi Boone,

I checked another private blog that I know of -- http://core1.commons.gc.cuny.edu -- and you're right -- it's still private. So it's probably okay to leave this for a few hours. Thanks and apologies for the false alarm.

#3 Updated by Matt Gold over 11 years ago

  • Priority name changed from Immediate to High

#4 Updated by Ron Rennick over 11 years ago

As far as I know, MPO uses the same settings as before. If you're having an issue, I suspect it may be either a bug in the new version or another plugin causing a conflict of some kind.

#5 Updated by Matt Gold over 11 years ago

For the member with this original problem, putting the plugin in mu-plugins appears to have reset the privacy settings of the blog correctly. I'm checking in with one other user to make sure that this is true for other blogs. If it is, as I suspect it is, this may be a non-issue. I'll update soon.

#6 Updated by Matt Gold over 11 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

Got an update from the other member and everything looks good. I'll mark the ticket as resolved and apologize for the false alarm.

Also available in: Atom PDF