Adding Tag Sticky Post
QUESTIONS FOR THE PERSON REQUESTING THE PLUGIN/THEME [generally this means Matt or a community facilitator]
- What's the name of the plugin/theme?
Tag Sticky Post https://wordpress.org/plugins/tag-sticky-post/
- [plugins] In a few words, what does it do?
Allows for a post to be sticky in a tags archive page.
- How is the plugin/theme different from what's already provided on the Commons?
Currently there is basic sticky post and category sticky post capability, however it is not possible to have a sticky post for a tag archive page.
- What's the potential impact? Who will use it?
The plugin allows for long term planning of content by allowing a blog to state what a category is or highlight a exemplar post that shows what the tag will feature. It prevents important content from being lost over time. In classroom spaces, it will also allow a course leader or blog admin to define how a tag is used on a tag page.
- Who initially made the request? [sometimes Matt is passing along requests from members, sometimes suggesting something he found himself]
Jade E. Davis at LaGuardia CC
- Who is the plugin author?
tommcfarlin (also authored the category sticky already in the commons)
- Say a little bit about the release history and popularity of the plugin. How many times has it been downloaded? When was it last updated?
The plugin was updated 7 months ago and has over 200 Active installs. It is compatible with the most recent release of wordpress.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges about 6 years ago
- Target version set to 1.8.17
Sure, this seems OK to me. Added in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/222cc47a05d468357fa9b22550641009bcfd45aa. The plugin will be available after the 1.8.17 release, on Nov 21.