Inconsistent search results between google custom search and groups search box
Steps to reproduce
- Visit https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups.
- Select "All Groups."
- Enter "software" in the "Search groups..." box. The search on 2/19/2016 on 14:02 EST returned fifteen results.
- Enter "software" in the "Google custom search..." box. The search on 2/19/2016 on 14:02 EST returned no results.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- Target version set to 1.9.8
Thanks for the report, Raffi.
Search results between BP's built-in search and the Google CSE are always going to differ somewhat. Until we implement some more sophisticated solution for search across the Commons (#3002), this is something we'll have to live with.
However, you have uncovered a legitimate bug: the Google CSE results page doesn't show anything when loading the site over HTTPS. That's because the Google script is being loaded from a hardcoded non-secure URL, which browsers block by default. This is fixed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/90e6a368ca6db92a78ccfdf961e7ea1f19302b83