Academic Interests square bracket links not working
It looks like the [interests] are not getting translated to hyperlinks on the profile page. See attached
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges about 5 years ago
- Subject changed from New Server - Profile Page Interests to Academic Interests square bracket links not working
- Category name changed from Upgrades to Public Portfolio
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
- Target version set to 1.9.22
Thanks, Scott! It appears that this is a bug on the current server as well, so I'm going to recategorize.
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Chris Stein
- Target version changed from 1.9.24 to Future release
I looked into this a bit more. I disabled the bracket-linking functionality on purpose, as part of #4472. Apparently, there was some confusion when square brackets were being used for different reasons.
What do we want to do here? My inclination is to leave it disabled, and to work on a more robust tool for selecting content to make linkable. Chris, do you have any thoughts about it?