Hi. Three of our journal websites are down and we can't get access to the back end through the Commons:
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago
- Category name set to WordPress Themes
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to 1.9.29
The issue was that the three themes in question defined the function `the_post_thumbnail_caption()`, which was introduced into WordPress in version 4.6.
Two notes for the theme author, to ensure that this doesn't happen again:
- Be sure that all custom functions are prefixed. Eg: `arabstages_the_post_thumbnail_caption()`
- Test your theme against the latest version of WordPress when it's announced that the Commons will update. See http://dev.commons.gc.cuny.edu/hosting-partner-handbook/ for more details about update schedules.
These three themes have been fixed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/e19e6a5191fc149547b3552c090aab2ab97ec4ec. I searched the codebase and no other themes are affected by this specific issue.