can 1.10 Events Test Issue
In testing the new Event paradigm of showing Events as Public if at least one of the groups it is associated with is public, I followed Boone's test script as follows:
1. Created event Trick or Treat in private group my test
2. Logged off and the event was not visible in site wide calendar
3. Logged in and edited event to associate it with public group Amazing Test Committee
4. Logged off and event was not visible in site wide calendar
5 Still logged off, I navigated to group Amazing Test Committee and clicked Events--I got a weird non-response screenshot attached.
Here is a link to the page I got http://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups/test-group-1761529915/events/
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 2 years ago
- Category name set to Events
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
- Target version set to 1.10
Hi Stephen - Thanks for the detailed report.
The event is showing up in the calendar of the public group (you seem to be getting a fatal error in the screenshot, but I can't reproduce?), but not on the sitewide feed.
I'll take a closer look.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges over 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Raymond Hoh
I've done some testing. It seems that you have to edit the event twice to get the public status to stick. Here's what I was able to replicate:
1. Two groups: A is private, B is public
2. Create event in A. It's private, as expected.
3. Edit event and attach to group B.
4. Event is still private (this is the bug).
5. Edit the event again. Remove group B, and readd. Save changes.
6. Now the event is public (correct behavior).
I have only glanced at the bpeoToggle JS, but I'm guessing that maybe the initial toggle state is not being correctly recognized; or maybe it has to do with data being fetched via AJAX vs existing in the DOM when the page is loaded. Ray, can you have a look please?