Project

General

Profile

Bug #6686

Problems with auto-complete on Send Invites tab

Added by Matt Gold over 5 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
Group Invitations
Target version:
Start date:
2016-11-11
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

I just created a group and ran into problems sending invites:

During group creation:
starting to enter a name did not trigger auto-complete at all

After group creation -- through Send Invites tab:
case 1: entered a name; pull down tab appeared; selected name; no change to page (name wasn't added to invite list
case 2: entered another name; no pull down tab appeared

I opened firebug during case 2 -- see the attached errors

History

#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue exactly as described, but there's definitely something funny going on. At one point, I got an ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING response, of the sort that was causing us headaches a few weeks ago. I reenabled the temporary fix for that issue. Could you try again to see whether you can reproduce?

#2 Updated by Matt Gold over 5 years ago

Yup -- seems to work fine now. Thanks so much. The person I had been trying to invite earlier showed as having been invited, btw.

Also, I can say that when I was creating the group, I ran into an ERR_EMPTY RESPONSE ERROR when I was trying to create the group (I thnk it was on the second step). Please see attached

#3 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago

Yes, that's likely to be due to the same issue. I don't know why this is cropping up again. I will leave the temporary fix in place until I can research how we resolved this issue in the past.

#4 Updated by Matt Gold over 5 years ago

Thanks, Boone

#5 Updated by Boone Gorges over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Resolved
  • Target version set to 1.10.3

I'm unsure how to do further debugging on the browser errors. Since disabling PHP opcache seems to do the trick, let's just leave that in place. https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/1d9d2e683bf64a3012a034263ebab3bfa35b16c6

Also available in: Atom PDF