replace "take a tour" widget on CAC homepage
As discussed in our last Commons meetings, the CAC shows a "Take a Tour" link in a "Getting Started" widget to the right of the slider after login.
Since the tour is out of date, I think we should link to more current material, like the Codex -- https://codex.commons.gc.cuny.edu/ . I'd link to that with a button that says "Frequently Asked Questions" or something like that.
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges about 5 years ago
- File Screenshot_2016-12-28_10-02-51.png Screenshot_2016-12-28_10-02-51.png added
- File Screenshot_2016-12-28_10-02-31.png Screenshot_2016-12-28_10-02-31.png added
- Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
- Target version set to 1.10.6
Here are screenshots of the logged-out and logged-in view with the text changed to "Frequently Asked Questions".
In terms of purpose, it feels a bit off to me that we'd link to the Codex here for all visitors. The Codex is filled with useful how-tos for members, and I think it's OK to show it for logged-in users. I don't think it makes much sense for logged-out users. Perhaps the link should be removed when logged out?
#5 Updated by Boone Gorges about 5 years ago
- Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Resolved