Site loading problems
User Gina Cherry reports:
"I have been unable to access one of the Commons WordPress sites that I am developing, https://bmcccetls.commons.gc.cuny.edu, for at least a week. When I attempt to access the site, the browser just hangs and nothing is loaded. I have no problem accessing any of my other sites on the Commons. Please advise."
I just tried on Chrome and IE and the site loaded for me, but some of the graphics are broken.
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago
- File Screenshot_2017-03-07_10-41-09.png Screenshot_2017-03-07_10-41-09.png added
- Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback
Site is loading OK for me too. See attached screenshot. Tested in Chrome and Firefox latest.
- Assuming that the browser tries but doesn't succeed in loading the site, what does it say in the status bar? Eg: "Connecting to bmcccetls.commons.gc.cuny.edu", "Connection refused", etc.
- Open the browser's developer console. Are there any errors there? Are there any 40x or 50x errors in the Network tab?
- Has Gina tried from more than one browser? More than one computer? More than one network connection (like home vs campus)?