Blog Comment Reply not working
I wanted to â€Replyâ€ to a comment on my Blog, but every time I hit Reply the cursor jumps to the bottom of the page and the request is then seemingly ignored.
Using IE 8 on Windows XP
#1 Updated by Matt Gold over 10 years ago
Thanks for submitting these tickets.
I just took a look at your blog, but I'm not sure that I see the "reply" button that you're referring to. When I'm on the homepage of the blog, I see links at the bottom of each post that show the number comments (ex. "2 comments."). And when I'm on a post, I see comments and then, at the bottom of the page, a comment box (screenshot attached). Are you seeing something different?
2. If you have any other browsers installed on your computer, I'd love to know whether you're seeing the same behavior with them.
#3 Updated by Matt Gold over 10 years ago
Can you update this ticket either by visiting the site, clicking "update," and entering your info or by sending me an email in response to my reply to your original ticket? i'd like to resolve this issue so that we can close this ticket.
#4 Updated by Matt Gold over 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
After emailing with Bruce, I realized a few things:
1. He was trying to reply to a comment from the Dashboard of the blog. When a blog owner is in the dashboard and looking at a submitted comment, there is a reply button there, and that's where the problem was.
2. Since replying on the frontend is presumably how most users will reply to comments, I'm not certain that we need to debug WPMu on this point. Instead, we should produce documentation that makes clear how to respond to comments on the frontend.
3. What Bruce really wanted to do was to have threaded comments, which would allow him to have his reply appear directly under a submitted comment. I showed him this post about threaded comments on the WordPress blog.
This issue appears to be resolved, so I am closing the ticket. Bruce, if this crops up again, or if you don't agree that the ticket should be closed, please submit another one. Thanks again for helping to improve the Commons!!