Registration "progress" UI
We'd like to implement a Registration Progress UI for newly registered members. See https://chris0stein.github.io/commons-ux/registration/reg-conf.html and following pages.
The main parts appear to be:
1. The "registration complete" splash after submitting the initial registration
2. The "Account Activated" splash after activating account. This page should include a login form. https://chris0stein.github.io/commons-ux/registration/activated.html
3. "Getting Started" page https://chris0stein.github.io/commons-ux/registration/post-login.html. The "Open Invitations" part may have to wait until the rest of the onboarding work is done, but most of this can be built now.
4. Find a place in the persistent IA to stick this - maybe a sublink somewhere in the profile menu.
Ray, you mentioned that you've built something like this in the past. Could you take the lead on it? Whatever technology you want to use is fine - I'm planning to use React etc for the onboarding stuff, but this is totally separate, and doesn't really need to be very dynamic, so old-fashioned PHP templates would be OK :)
I'm tentatively putting this into 1.12. Let's see how much of it we can build for that release.
#1 Updated by Raymond Hoh almost 4 years ago
- File step-1.png step-1.png added
- File step-2.png step-2.png added
- File step-3.png step-3.png added
- Category name set to Registration
- Status changed from Assigned to Testing Required
I've implemented the changes made by Chris for the Registration Progress UX.
See attached screenshots. You can also test these changes on the development server.
In step 2, there is a login form. If the user logs in, they get to step 3. I think it would be nice to add the permalink to step 3 in the contents of the activation email.
In step 3, Chris offers two options to display pending invites in the "Respond to Your Open Invitations" section:
I implemented the first option.
Step 3 requires creating a new page with the page title "New Member Introduction" and with the slug "intro". I have nested this page under the "My Commons" page on the development server. If we want this page to reside somewhere else, let me know.
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 4 years ago
Ray, this is looking great in my testing!
I've added a deployment note about the new page here https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/wiki/Release-ACTION_REQUIRED-list - please update or modify if I've gotten something wrong. Thanks!