Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #9105

closed

BP doc titles/dates messed up

Added by Matt Gold over 4 years ago. Updated over 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Urgent
Assignee:
Category name:
BuddyPress Docs
Target version:
Start date:
2018-01-22
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Hi Boone,

Something strange is afoot with BP Docs. I just went to edit the Doc I had created in our CAC team group to keep track of course sites on the Commons. When I was in the editing window, I noticed that the slug had a series of numbers added to it -- course-sites-on-the-cuny-academic-commons--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

So, I made my changes to the file, clicked the silent checkbox, and removed the 2s from the slug.

Then, all of the files in the team group took on the name of that doc. Please see attached screenshot.


Files

Actions #1

Updated by Matt Gold over 4 years ago

Also, I don't know whether this is in any way connected, but a few minutes before this, I added a non-CUNY signup code (no group attached)

Actions #2

Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago

I'm looking into it.

Actions #3

Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago

I'm in the process of fixing the broken Docs and will have more info shortly.

Actions #4

Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago

The following Docs were affected. I've fixed them all by deleting the most recent, problematic revisions, and then setting their post_modified dates to correspond to the last legitimate revision date.

2035 | | 2039 | | 1860 | | 1852 | | 2033 | | 1864 | | 2001 | | 1960 | | 1846

The only thing not automatically restored by this process is the slug. This information doesn't appear to be saved anywhere. It doesn't affect usability, and they're all old Docs for internal purposes, so I'm not going to spend more time on it.

I'm now going to try to figure out what happened.

Actions #5

Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago

I found the root issue, which is fixed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/ff5ba906a8c3595e0160509c662bc6b8861625aa and has been deployed as a hotfix. This should prevent future instances.

It appears very likely that this issue arose after the last BP Docs update, which modified the way that Doc saves work. I haven't yet determined the full story of why it broke. It seems to have something to do with our buddypress-docs-in-group configuration, but that's all I've currently got. Since the urgent part of this issue is resolved, I'm going to set aside this question for the next few days.

Actions #6

Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago

  • Target version set to 1.12.7
Actions #7

Updated by Matt Gold over 4 years ago

thanks very much for your quick work on this, Boone

Actions #8

Updated by Boone Gorges over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

The CAC issue is resolved, so I'm closing this. I'll follow up on any lingering issues for the buddypress-docs plugin on our GitHub tracker.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF