Crob box for avatar images won't expand smoothly
Crop box for thumbnail and fullsize avatar images won't expand smoothly. Seems to only expand by increments from the bottom left corner of the box.
#1 Updated by Matt Gold almost 10 years ago
Can you give us a little more information about your experience? The following would be helpful:
-- Group or Individual avatar
-- Size (dimensions and weight) of photo being added
Thanks. Hit "update" when you come back to this page to add your answers.
#5 Updated by Matt Gold almost 10 years ago
Thanks for updating, Mikhail. Can you do me a favor and try these two things:
-- With that same OS/Browser configuration, try uploading a different image file (or, even better, a few different image files)
-- Try uploading that same image with a different browser (perhaps safari).
Let us know how things go.
Thanks in advance for your help -- this testing will help us narrow down where the problem lies.
#8 Updated by Matt Gold almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Assigned
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
Thanks for continuing to experiment with this, Mikhail. I was able to reproduce this error as well; I think it's related to our most recent BuddyPress upgrade (done a few weeks ago).
We have two options right now. We can update the avatar cropper JS from the latest beta build, or we can wait a few weeks for the official 1.1 release. There are risks and problems either way we go, but we'll think about it and get back to you. Thanks again for alerting us to this issue.
As a temporary workaround, we can put up a note about the janky cropper and advise members to crop their own avatars before uploading.
#9 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to 3
I'd rather wait for the BP upgrade, which should hit in the next week or two, than apply a patch. I have added the warning about the buggy cropper, though. It can now be seen on the group and individual avatar upload pages. I'll leave the ticket Resolved but open until we confirm that the upgrade fixes the problem for good. Thanks for your help, Mikhail.