Fixing homepage spacing
I know that this is going to be fixed in November/December when PressCrew creates our child theme of the CBox installation, but this is important enough that I think we should address it now if it wouldn't be too much work. In the attached screenshot, I've highlighted something that has bothered me for a while -- the overly large empty space between three elements (slide, featured content, who's online) on our homepage.
Is there anything we could do as a relatively quick fix to improve this situation? I know we're pressed for time on CBox, but if there is anything we can do on this, I'd really like to do it because our homepage is vitally important and some small changes could have a very large impact.
#4 Updated by Chris Stein almost 10 years ago
- Take a Tour button, both padding set to 7px (one is 12px)
- ake a Tour button,change the font-size from 16 to 13
- Featured, use a little less characters so only 4 lines.
- Featured, What Matt said was padding is actually where the "Read More..." text should be. But it isn't showing up on mine either (text is there in HTML). Instead why don't we just get rid of that text and make [...] into a link.
- div.introbox should probably be 340px instead of 360px high to reflect actual height of the space
- Right now cac_featured_content_widget-2 has a bottom-margin of 15px through styling on the .featured class (1744). Because the "Who's Online" text will always leave some gap between featured content and what's below then it can have it's margin changed to 0.
Those changes left it as seen in attached screenshot
#9 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
Thanks, Chris. Looks good.