Help Nav Tab Changes
Hi All --
1. For Chris and Scott: Luke Waltzer noted that the WordPress Help! forum is three clicks away from Commons site pages, and he suggested adding some Help link items to a sub menu under Help on the main nav tab. I thought this was a good idea, so I have added the links. Any feedback on link names or the general prospect of having these available as submenu items?
2. For Boone: I made the change myself on the live site; if there is any backing up or documentation of the changes that need to be done, please let me know.
#2 Updated by Chris Stein over 7 years ago
I agree with the basic idea that we need to expose more of the help links.
This highlights the fact that we have help resources spread out in three different sites:
- Group for Group Admins
- 10 Things
- many different posts/pages
The navigation you added links to all of these areas which is good, but I'm it doesn't indicate to the user that the Help and Codex links will take them to a different site with a different navigation.
The help and Codex sites both have the same top-level nav so we can treat them as one site (for now, we may want to revisit this in the future). Perhaps we can use a Slightly different syntax and a dash to indicate in the nav which pages lead to a different site.
Here's a suggestion for the nav starting with the top-level help:
WordPress Help Forum
Group for Group Admins
The three links under Help Site would not be a third level but just have a - in front of the name. This way users don't have to do anything to expose them but it is made clear that they are part of the Help Site.
Other Thoughts on Naming
I renamed General Help Resources to Help Site with the idea of doing something to alert users they were visiting a different site. My general feeling is that if navigation links lead to a site other than the current site, there should be something to indicate to the user that they will be visiting a different site. Other name possibilities
Help Site: General Help Site, General Help Resources (current), Help Web Site
I'm not sure that Codex is understandable to everyone. My first idea would be to change it to something like Instruction Manual. But I think that it's been around for a while now and know by a number of the users so I wouldn't want to change that name without some kind of user testing or survey.
#3 Updated by Chris Stein over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
- Assignee changed from Chris Stein to Matt Gold
Matt, since the changes are live, I'm giving it back to you. I'll let you decide whether or not to implement all or part of my suggestions and resolve this ticket. I won't be offended either way.
#4 Updated by Matt Gold over 7 years ago
Thank you, Chris -- those are great suggestions. I've implemented them all. I agree that Codex might not be generally understandable, but it is something we've had for a while and that mirrors the naming of the WP Codex. Also, Scott is working on a new site, I think, called the Commons Handbook.
Thanks again for the great suggestions.