Project

General

Profile

Bug #3236

Dynamic Content Gallery Plugin not working - jQuery issue?

Added by Sarah Morgano almost 5 years ago. Updated about 1 month ago.

Status:
Rejected
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
WordPress Plugins
Target version:
Start date:
2014-05-28
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

The Dynamic Content Gallery plugin is not function properly. Kimon was able to fix it by changing the javascript functions setting from Jquery to Mootools (which was the default anyway) on the main page: http://thesegalcenter.org.

History

#1 Updated by Kimon Keramidas almost 5 years ago

Thanks for starting this Sarah. I think that there is a problem with Jquery in the Commons install or with 3.9. Might be a place to start. Could you also start a plugin bug ticket for Simple iPaper, which is an old plugin that no longer functions since Wordpress moved to 3.9. Might be good to install Scribd Doc Embedder as alternative plugin for Commons users. It duplicates and adds to the Simple iPaper functionality.

#2 Updated by Matt Gold almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Boone Gorges

#3 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 5 years ago

  • Subject changed from Dynamic Content Gallery Plugin to Dynamic Content Gallery Plugin not working - jQuery issue?
  • Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
  • Target version changed from 1.6.5 to 1.6.6

Can I get some more details about how Dynamic Content Gallery is not working? We have a number of users who are running this plugin, so I will need to make a general fix.

#4 Updated by Kimon Keramidas almost 5 years ago

I had been using Dynamic Content Gallery with the Javascript Options set to Jquery to make sure that there wouldn't be plugin conflicts.

When the error was reported I noted in my dev side look of Chrome that it looked like a script to pull the info in correctly wasn't running. So I looked through the Dynamic Content Gallery settings and settled on the probability that it was a Javascript issue. Once I switched to the default Mootools everything went find. Makes me wonder if there is an error in the newest version of jQuery bundled with 3.9.

I uploaded a pic of the current settings page view so you can see the two options (with Mootools currently clicked)

Cheers
Kimon

#5 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 5 years ago

Kimon, can you please give some more details on how to reproduce, and what exactly I should be looking for? I have spent some time trying to figure out the plugin, and I'm not even really sure what it's supposed to do. How do I set up a site/post to demonstrate the issue? And can you give more details about the "not working" bit - do you get an error message in the console, or does something not appear as expected, or what?

#6 Updated by Kimon Keramidas almost 5 years ago

Boone, sorry I haven't gotten to this for a while, but have been swamped. Am going away for a week and will try to provide a better description when I get back.

Kimon

#7 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.6.6 to 1.6.7

Thanks, Kimon.

#8 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.6.7 to Future release

Putting this into Future Release pending feedback from Kimon or his team. Kimon, when you get a chance to look into it, please feel free to bump this ticket. Thanks!

#9 Updated by Raymond Hoh about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Rejected

I'm going to close this one since it's a little old.

If there is still a need to address this, feel free to reopen.

Also available in: Atom PDF