Notification page option ordering
Just looking at my notification settings and I noticed that they are not laid out consistently. The first Yes/No options have Yes on the left and No on the right. But then, when you get to Group Notifications, the Yes option (All Email) is on the right and the No option (No email) is on the left. I realize they are not exactly the same, but the similarity (and the use of "no" in "no email") is similar enough that I think we should fix this. Please see the attached screenshot
I would suggest changing the order of the Yes/No options so that Yes appears on the right and No appears on the left.
Assigning to Chris for a UX opinion. Chris, after you've weighed in, please assign to Boone.
#5 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 7 years ago
- Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Daniel Jones
#7 Updated by Daniel Jones almost 7 years ago
Let me know what you think of what I came up with here: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/107c256b38893bd074fc6c17348ee65b7d30954f
#8 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 7 years ago
Oh, clever. The JS looks good.
Let's move this to wp-content/themes/bp-nelo/_inc/js/cac-custom-js.js - this is where most of our miscellaneous JS stuff lives. (It's ugly in there, but it'll help us avoid another HTTP request.) Because this will run on every page, and it's likely that there are pages with elements using the 'yes' class, could we make the selector more specific? Maybe get the ID of the notification table - not sure off the top of my head what it is - and then use '#notification-settings-table .yes' or whatever as the selector.
#9 Updated by Daniel Jones almost 7 years ago
Okay great I made some changes based on this: put the code in the file you suggested, and added the 'notification-settings' class to the jQuery selector. Turns out it's actually a bunch of different tables that make up the page, but they all share that class. I also added in an if() statement so that we don't try to run .each() on an empty array. Let me know if you think this is good to go.
Here are the changes on Github: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/dab1aac609c743f83f2120bc8daa772bd0ea7d04