Project

General

Profile

Bug #373

Text not showing in Hero slider in ie6 and 7

Added by Chris Stein almost 11 years ago. Updated almost 11 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
BuddyPress (misc)
Target version:
Start date:
2010-10-22
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

In IE6 and IE7 the text on the hero slider doesn't show up.


Related issues

Related to CUNY Academic Commons - Bug #411: Hero JS not working on IE(7)Resolved2010-11-23

History

#1 Updated by Chris Stein almost 11 years ago

George reported this to Matt and he passed it on.

#2 Updated by Chris Stein almost 11 years ago

I can confirm that it doesn't show on IE 6 and IE 7. I figured out the problem but I have to run to our meeting and can't implement it right now. If someone from CAC sees this can you implement it?

The problem is that the span containing the overlay needs a width and a height and also a left position.
Here is the css for it right now:
.slideshow div span {
position: absolute;
background: url(../images/bg-trans.png) repeat 0 0;
color: #fff;
padding: 10px 15px 15px 15px;
bottom: 0;
z-index: 99;
display: block;
width: 560px;
}

and if you add a height and left:0 to it it should work
.slideshow div span {
position: absolute;
background: url(../images/bg-trans.png) repeat 0 0;
color: #fff;
padding: 10px 15px 15px 15px;
bottom: 0;
z-index: 99;
display: block;
width: 560px;
height:105px;
left:0;
}

I made the change to custom.css in the master branch. I don't know the process well enough to then push to staging and so on.

#3 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 11 years ago

  • Category name set to BuddyPress (misc)
  • Assignee set to Chris Stein
  • Target version set to 1.1

I'll pull it to my local and have a look at it.

#4 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 11 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned

Hi Chris - I pulled the latest changes to cdev, and it looks like the problem has not been solved, at least not on my installation of IE7.

Possibly related: #411

#5 Updated by Chris Stein almost 11 years ago

Boone, sorry it didn't appear to be working for you and that I wasn't able to respond earlier. You were moving faster on this than I was able to at the time so I just kind of let you run with it. I didn't have a proper IE testing environment when running locally on my MAC so I had to kind of fake it by copying the HTML/css and working with that separately. Perhaps that's where the problems came into play.

However in looking at the current custom.css file I see you removed a lot of CSS including much of the slideshow styles (including the one with the two little lines I added) so it seems like maybe you found a simpler way of renderign the CSS (I wasn't sure from your commit message, it only mentions what you added).

All of this brings up some larger questions related to testing environment and IE6 support I will write about in basecamp.

#6 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 11 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

This seems to be working now on cdev, so I can only assume that some of my awesome changes have somehow magically solved the problem. Hooray!

Also available in: Atom PDF