Events Calendar: Allow restriction of event creation ability to admins on groups
Following up from our last Subcommittee meeting in Spring 2015 is this suggestion from Luke:
Allow restriction of event creation ability to admins on groups
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 6 years ago
- Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Samantha Raddatz
- Target version set to 1.9
Assigning to Sam for UX sketch. The way I envision it is:
- Group admins will see a new subtab under Manage, called "Events" or "Events Calendar"
- This tab will be the home of whatever group-specific options we add in the future
- The option being requested here will be something like: "The following group members can connect events to this group" with the options "All group members", "Admins and mods only", and "Admins only". Default will be "All group members".
- The "New Event" buttons will be hidden in the group interface for users that don't meet the specified criterion.
- When creating/editing an event, the Groups autocomplete will not return groups where the current user doesn't meet the minimum role
Does this sound right? Better suggestion for wording, etc are welcome.
#2 Updated by Samantha Raddatz over 6 years ago
Sounds right to me, Boone.
Attached is a mockup of suggested layout. This is based on the 'settings' tab within 'manage', which I feel does a nice job of outlining what impact different options have and allows for adding further options later, if needed.