Project

General

Profile

Support #5617

Domain Mapping Issue - Paul Herbert

Added by scott voth over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
Domain Mapping
Target version:
Start date:
2016-05-25
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Hi - This issue is with Godaddy again. Could it be the same problem or an issue on our side?

Description: This used to be set up and was successfully forwarding for awhile. I noticed only recently that it wasn't. The name was cycling back to a GoDaddy server. It's possibly something the owner did. I've set up the c-name records again and now the page isn't resolving. So I hope it's something on the Commons' end…
Domain You Want to Map: http://hidegardhoeller.com
Commons URL : http://hhoeller.commons.gc.cuny.edu
Go Live Date: ASAP
Preferred Contact Method:
--

History

#1 Updated by Boone Gorges over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback

Hm. My research shows that hidegardhoeller.com has no DNS records associated with it at all. In fact, it looks like it's available for purchase: http://whois.domaintools.com/hidegardhoeller.com Perhaps there's a typo in the original report?

#2 Updated by Matt Gold over 2 years ago

Here's the original ticket with the correct URL - https://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/3248

http://hildegardhoeller.com/

#3 Updated by Boone Gorges over 2 years ago

  • Target version set to Not tracked

Thanks, Matt.

DNS tools are still showing that the records are broken or not there: http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=dnsrec&host=hildegardhoeller.com

"Name server failed" is a suspicious-sounding error. I guess I'd recommend checking with the company that handles the DNS (GoDaddy, I guess?)

I'm fairly sure this is not a Commons issue, since the requests are never getting to our server.

#4 Updated by scott voth over 2 years ago

I have written to Paul to get some clarification.

#5 Updated by Paul Hebert over 2 years ago

I'm stumped.

I've double-checked the settings. Everything was as it should be. After I saved it appears to be working fine. No idea what was wrong.

It's possible that the owner changed something recently which caused the problem initially, but the whole thing still seems odd.

Oh well, Thanks.

#6 Updated by Boone Gorges over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Reporter Feedback to Resolved

Very odd! Thanks for reporting back, Paul, and don't hesitate to let us know if there are more problems.

Also available in: Atom PDF