Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #5667

closed

publication section on my public portfolio won't update

Added by Marilyn Weber over 6 years ago. Updated over 6 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
Public Portfolio
Target version:
Start date:
2016-06-08
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

User Livia Arndal writes:

"Hi! I've been trying to update the publication section on my public portfolio and it just keeps reverting to the previous text... I had no issue updating any of the other sections. Is there something I should do differently or might there be some kind of glitch that can be addressed? Thanks for your help!

------------------
Submitted from: http://commons.gc.cuny.edu/members/liviarndal/"


Files

Publications.docx (14.6 KB) Publications.docx Matt Gold, 2016-06-08 01:53 PM
Actions #1

Updated by Marilyn Weber over 6 years ago

George Otte now reporting the same problem:
I tried changing the Publications list three times in my profile (I have a new book), and it never did take. Finally I thought maybe the thing to do is recreate that section. So I removed it, did the whole thing over. It doesn’t matter how often I try to add it back in – the attachment represents the new version -- it’s gone, and it stays gone. Not sure what to do.

Actions #2

Updated by Matt Gold over 6 years ago

here's what he's trying to add

Actions #3

Updated by Boone Gorges over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Testing Required
  • Target version set to 1.9.18

In the case of the document provided by Matt, the problem appears to be the formatting markup inserted by Microsoft Office. It includes some non-native line break characters, which were tripping up BuddyPress's validation parser - this is why the save was failing altogether. When I loosened the validation routine, the content saved, but with some hideous line breaks. I added a bit of cleanup to the JS app to remove these line breaks, hopefully solving both problems in one fell swoop - at least, it fixes it in my own tests.

I'm going to deploy this immediately to the live site so that others can test. Marilyn, I'm unsure whether the issue you've reported is the same thing.

Actions #5

Updated by Boone Gorges over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Testing Required to Resolved

Tentatively marking as resolved, to clear the milestone. If problems arise, please feel free to reopen with details.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF