Announcements has disappeared
Two Zendesk users - including Lizzie Macauley - report that the Announcements tool has disappeared from Groups.
I don't see it either. Boone, do you?
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges about 2 years ago
- Priority name changed from Urgent to Normal
- Target version set to Not tracked
This feature was removed as part of the 1.11 release, and replaced with a force-email option when creating a new forum post. See #3175.
I guess we need some user-facing documentation of the change? Pinging Scott and Steve for ideas.
#3 Updated by Marilyn Weber about 2 years ago
This is 100% clear, and I have notified the users and am writing up documentation.
But I am now having a problem. I sent an announcement as the admin of a group, but I'm not receiving the email (under my separate user name and password). As the group user I can see it in the forum, but it's been 20 minutes and I don't have an email. Is it supposed to be immediate?
#4 Updated by Boone Gorges about 2 years ago
Yes, it should be immediate. I've just tested the feature and it appears to work fine, so I'm not sure what may be going on. To be clear, here's what I've done:
1. Group has two members, A and B. A is an admin. B is a regular member, and has subscription level "No Email" for the group.
2. As user A, go to group > Forum
3. Scroll to bottom, write a post. Check the "Send an email about this topic to all members" checkbox
4. Hit Submit
5. B gets an email about the post
Does this match what you've tested? If not, what did you do? If so, have you checked your spam folders?
#5 Updated by Marilyn Weber about 2 years ago
It arrived, but took 45 minutes. I assume the GC servers are slow.
I created a Help page for it - https://help.commons.gc.cuny.edu/making-announcement-group-administer/