New onboarding workflow
I'll take the lead on this. As the pieces start coming together, I'll probably break off separate tickets for subtasks.
I'll put into the 1.12 milestone, though it's unlikely to be ready.
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges 8 days ago
I've started to scaffold a plugin, which is located at https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac-onboarding/. If anyone on this ticket doesn't have access to the private repo, let me know and I will add you.
So far the plugin does the following:
- registers the post type and defines the data schema for Invitation objects
- provides an Invitation object for creating and modifying invitations in the database
- provides an Invitation query object for fetching invitations
- provides a CLI tool `wp caco invitation` for scripting the creation of invitations (for development purposes)
- gives a general scaffold for how the plugin can be organized, including PHPUnit tests
I've also started spinning off the larger tasks into their own GitHub tickets, which I think will ease the process of building (as it did for Social Paper and BP Event Organiser). https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac-onboarding/issues/1 Dan and Ray, I've started assigning things to you tentatively, but we should talk at our next meeting about whether these assignments make sense given your interests and availability.