Difficult to know how to change group email address
In a previous ticket, I think we made the group email address the same as the cuny.is link, but it's very unclear how users should know that.
I'm trying to provide technical documentation that will help people change the email address of the group. currently, in Manage, there is a place to change the group URL in "Detail," but also in "Slug"
It's unclear how those fields relate to each other or to the email address
I think we need to provide, in a single place, a way to change the URL and email address, and it should be clear that changing one changes both
- Category name changed from User Experience to Groups (misc)
- Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Raymond Hoh
Is this a dupe of #8929 or just related?
- Related to Feature #8929: Editing group forum email address added
I guess that in some ways it is a dupe -- I thought the previous issue had been resolved. But when we fix the other issue, I would like to make sure that the problems I've laid out here are addressed.
- Target version set to 1.13
- Related to Feature #9010: Add group email address in prominent way to Group homepage added
- Status changed from Assigned to Duplicate
I'm marking this as a duplicate of #8929.
Matt, if you feel there are still issues here. Feel free to reopen.
Also available in: Atom