Add additional campuses to network campus list
The following campuses are on some lists throughout the Commons, but not others:
'Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education',
Adding them to the central campus repository means that we need to identify their logo and link for the purposes of the Campus Widget (or exclude them from it), as well as their OneSearch ID (or exclude them from that widget).
#8 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
I've reviewed the codebase for places where the campus list is used:
* - The "campus" selector on group/site creation/edit * - The "campus" selector when editing a Course via Dashboard * - Campus branding widget settings * - OneSearch widget settings * - "College" field on user profile Positions widget * - The legacy College user profile field
Currently, the process of adding an item to this list goes like this:
* 1. Collect the full_name, short_name, and url params. * 2. Get a campus logo file and convert to png. Generate a -2x png. * Use array key as file name, and place in mu-plugins/assets/img/campus-logos/. * 3. Check https://onesearch.cuny.edu/primo-explore/search?vid=CUNY&sortby=rank&lang=en_US * to see if the school has its own OneSearch identity. Otherwise, if the school/program * is associated with a campus that *does* appear on this list, use that campus's code for one_search_id.
These checklists are kept in mu-plugins/cuny-campuses.php, and should be updated when new procedures are required.
It's not currently possible to exclude a campus from any of the six areas described above. I have a feeling we will need to introduce flags for this. I'll follow up this comment with my own research into the individual suggestions above, which will need a review from someone else on the team.
#9 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
My proposals are below. Some of these items blur the line between a true "campus" and a large program that lives at a campus. In order for these tools to be useful, the number of included items needs to be reasonably small, meaning we need to draw the line somewhere - maybe "degree-granting body"?
Full name: CUNY Central
Short name: CUNY Central
Logo: the "Logo + University Name" option on http://www2.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/communications-marketing/university-identity/
CUNY Central should be excluded from the dropdown on the OneSearch widget.
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education¶
My understanding is that this is the same entity as the CUNY School of Medicine - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUNY_School_of_Medicine.
Full name: CUNY School of Medicine
Short name: CSOM
OneSearch should go to CCNY (instead of generic CUNY)
IMO this does not qualify as a "campus", and we should not include it in our lists. https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/education/noyce_teacher_academy_at_ccny
#10 Updated by Matt Gold about 1 year ago
These choices seem right to me.
However, I have two further suggestions (not sure whether this is the right ticket or not):
Change CUNY Graduate School of Journalism ----> Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism ( https://www.journalism.cuny.edu/about-us/ )
Add CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies https://slu.cuny.edu/
#11 Updated by Boone Gorges about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
I've made the following changes:
- Enable campuses to be excluded from OneSearch widget https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/54f8221085677706f4429d465718d848ee5a7487
- Add CUNY Central https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/ba1c2a37b4e0e9d7ebac56470466c98023851e53
- Add CUNY School of Medicine https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/a6be84992a532ff4c6c1b2ed103dca55b377cc39
- Update name of J-School as per Matt's comment https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/81edcaf703656021cd4e2a6d4736bbc056a686ea
- Add CUNY SLU https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/89a15ed7db7fff9e53c482c7422cd24cf133a730