Multiple problems with featured image widget for blog posts
Following up on http://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/1134
While trying to use an image for a blog post on the featured widget on the homepage, I ran into the following problems:
1. The image selected automatically by the script was too large. If you look at the homepage now, all content is pushed down too far on the page.
-- To solve this, I would love to see either a way of resizing the image OR a way of saying "no, I don't want to use an image"
2. Using an image URl http://commons.gc.cuny.edu/files/member11.jpg doesn't work -- the image shows up as a broken embed
3. Using an image from the image gallery (same image) also doesn't work -- image shows up as a broken embed.
In the near term, I'd love to have the "no image" option to serve as a quick solution to the layout issue.
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
Can you open these as separate tickets? I'm wary of implementing any of them in the short term, but implementing all of them will require me to rewrite most of the plugin, and take a few days' work.
If you urgently need a "no image" option, I will try to squeeze it into a bugfix release.
#3 Updated by Boone Gorges over 9 years ago
- Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Dominic Giglio
Dom, the plugin in question is /wp-content/plugins/cac-featured-content/. It's responsible for the Featured widget, which appears in the home-page-sidebar widget sidebar http://local.cicdev.com/wp-admin/widgets.php
#8 Updated by Dominic Giglio over 9 years ago
I think the re-write addresses this and I was hoping to get testing feedback on this particular problem from cdev. I "think" it works in my local env but remember I never bothered to properly setup the uploads dir on my machine. So every now and then I get broken image links even when everything is operating properly. :-)