Project

General

Profile

Bug #14716

My Commons activity blank

Added by Colin McDonald 2 months ago. Updated 2 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Normal
Assignee:
Category name:
My Commons
Target version:
Start date:
2021-08-17
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Hello, it seems that the My Commons streams may be acting up. When I first go there I can see All Activity, but toggling back and forth to Groups / Sites / etc I don't see anything (see attached), and I can't get back to All Activity being populated either. I just see the yellow error message. Sonja first noticed this, so it seems at to be at least somewhat widespread.


Related issues

Related to CUNY Academic Commons - Bug #13352: jQuery update for bp-neloResolved2020-09-21

History

#1 Updated by Raymond Hoh 2 months ago

  • Category name set to My Commons
  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Raymond Hoh
  • Target version set to 1.18.17

I'm looking into this. Might be related to a recent change to BuddyPress.

#2 Updated by Raymond Hoh 2 months ago

  • Related to Bug #13352: jQuery update for bp-nelo added

#3 Updated by Raymond Hoh 2 months ago

Fixed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/97da394f23571626e0cbe637c2cfa8fbbebb2322.

Issue is due in part to #13352. If you're interested in the cause, continue reading :)

When we switched out the older jQuery Cookie library for js-cookie, the bp_get_cookies() function needed to be rewritten to use js-cookie's logic. I made a previous attempt at addressing this in https://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/13352#note-9, however this did not account for an edge-case where a non-existing value could be passed.

Specifically, the filter value here: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/blob/ea215fb837088e4ad90f31e6422ade7446617e55/wp-content/themes/bp-nelo/_inc/global.js#L216. On the "My Commons" page, the activity dropdown filter is not rendered, so this value is undefined. The previous cookie logic already took this into account, but not the rewritten version.

Should be fixed now. This is added as a hotfix on production. You might need to refresh the "My Commons" page or purge your browser cache if the fix is not working.

#4 Updated by Raymond Hoh 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

#5 Updated by Colin McDonald 2 months ago

Looks good Ray, thanks for the fast work on this!

#6 Updated by Boone Gorges 2 months ago

Ack, thank you for the quick diagnosis and fix, Ray!

Also available in: Atom PDF