New portfolio text not saving
I'm trying to save some new info in my portfolio. I enter the text in the Publications section and then click save. I see the info in the box after that, but when I save the changes to my profile, the information disappears. Maybe I'm running into a word-count limit? Screenshot attached
#2 Updated by Boone Gorges over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Reporter Feedback
It's possible that this is due to some incompatible markup in the text you're trying to save. See #3275, #3814.
A couple questions and things to try:
2. Are you writing the Publications section in the browser, or are you pasting it in from another application? If so, which application? What happens when you first paste it into a plaintext editor, and then reapply formatting in the browser?
3. Can you share the full content you're trying to use? Ideally, this would be in the original format you're using (say, .docx, if that's what you're starting with).
#4 Updated by Matt Gold almost 3 years ago
- copied text from my webpage - http://mkgold.net/research/
- pasted it into TextWrangler
- pasted it into the editing box on the Commons
- hit OK
- saved the profile
The result is a mishmash of text that doesn't recognize formatting/spacing
I've attached a text file with the info I'm trying to paste in. Thanks for your help with this.
#5 Updated by Boone Gorges almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- Target version changed from Future release to 1.9.12
Thanks for the detailed steps to reproduce, Matt. Your problem is due to br tags being stripped, which in turn is caused by a recent change to the way that BuddyPress sanitizes xprofile fields. Fixed in https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac-advanced-profiles/commit/990544e2bbe9d41d75217558d198fd85baa43294.
This is not exactly the problem the ticket was originally meant to address, but given that you're not having that problem anymore, I think we can mark this ticket as resolved.
#7 Updated by Matt Gold almost 3 years ago
Just tried to update my profile following the fix.
Here's what is happening:
-- spacing is still a bit messed up; the spacing I see between lines in the editing box (see screenshot) is getting collapsed when I save
-- some weird stuff is going on with italics; I tried to italicize book/journal titles. When I did so, about half of the whole text wound up being italicized -- it seems like there is an unclosed tag somewhere