Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #6869

closed

Report: Email notifications not going out

Added by Matt Gold almost 6 years ago. Updated almost 6 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority name:
Urgent
Assignee:
Category name:
Email Notifications
Target version:
-
Start date:
2016-11-29
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

I received a report that email notifications are not being sent for group forum posts. Can you please check into the matter? No email notifications went out for the last two posts here -- http://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups/journal-of-interactive-technology-and-pedagogy/forum/

Actions #1

Updated by Boone Gorges almost 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Boone Gorges to Raymond Hoh

Forum posts were causing fatal errors of the following form:

[Tue Nov 29 14:45:32 2016] [error] [pid 16668] sapi_apache2.c(325): [client 73.36.161.106:49992] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method BP_Reply_By_Email::prepend_rbe_marker_to_content() in /var/www/html/commons/www/wp-content/plugins/bp-reply-by-email/bp-rbe-core.php on line 246

I'm not sure what happened here. I did have to move something around on the production server this morning, during which time it's possible that I removed some changes that'd been staged but not committed on production. Ray, do you have any ideas?

I manually added the missing method, based on previous changesets. Ray, please check `git diff wp-content/plugins/bp-reply-by-email` to make sure that I did the right thing :-D

Actions #2

Updated by Matt Gold almost 6 years ago

Hi Boone -- is there any possibility that this is related to the changes Lihua just made to the email server? I thought I saw an email from him about that.

Actions #3

Updated by Boone Gorges almost 6 years ago

The only change I recall was to the log file locations. If there were a mistake in the mail configuration, the server would not be sending any emails at all. But it is, so I don't think it's related.

Actions #4

Updated by Raymond Hoh almost 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

Odd, 1.10.x branch has the prepend_rbe_marker_to_content() method, but master branch didn't.

It looks like this recent merge commit from 1.10.x to master caused the issue:
https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/8022b09b0feca9604f362a6d983b6401ce151c66

I've rectified this by re-applying the missing lines for RBE to master branch as a hotfix:
https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/cac/commit/1aacfb72abcca4354fd372517f9dfb0054d89fd0

Actions #5

Updated by Boone Gorges almost 6 years ago

Thanks for fixing this, Ray!

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF